Make Your Own Natural Cleaner! | Tutorial
Learn about how you can make your own natural cleaner at home with items you already have on hand. There are some benefits to making your own cleaner versus buying it off the shelf, including cost-savings and more control over what’s in it. Here’s a step-by-step tutorial for making your own natural cleaner using items already around the house.
Why make your own cleaner at home instead of buying it off the shelf
So, why make your own cleaner at home instead of buying it off the shelf? This article from “Yahoo Lifestyle” lists a few reasons:
1. It’s less expensive!
2. You have more control over what goes into it. For example, you can choose all-natural ingredients that won’t overwhelm your nose or lungs with fragrance.
3. You’ll know exactly what’s going into it and how much (no hidden ingredients!).
4. You can customize the strength of the solution according to your needs (i.e., for sensitive skin).
5. It’s a great way to use up any extra liquid you have left over from store-bought solutions, like shampoo or dish soap.
6. You can swap out the liquid of your choice for some of the items listed below!
7. You might have more success making it yourself because many of us are very familiar with how cleaning products work.
8. You’ll have peace of mind that you’re not putting any chemicals in your home without your knowledge!
9. It’s fun to use these items you typically wouldn’t use in a cleaning solution, like baking soda or apple cider vinegar. It makes mixing up the cleaner more enjoyable when it’s an item you already like.
10. You can add any other items you like to make your cleaner smell how you want it to!
How-To: Make Your Own Natural Cleaner at Home!
For example, many people who purchase natural cleaners think that they’re automatically safer and better for the environment than conventional cleaners (not true), when in fact they’re just as bad for the environment. In terms of ingredients, natural cleaners also aren’t necessarily better for you.
Natural cleaners easily contain chemicals that are harmful to your health and the environment, so it’s a good idea to know exactly what goes into them before purchasing or making them yourself.
Here’s a step-by-step tutorial for making your own natural cleaner at home with items you already have on hand.
You’ll need baking soda, water, white vinegar, olive oil or other carrier oil, essential oils (optional), a jar to store the solution in (an empty dish soap container works well!), and gloves.
Mix together baking soda and water to form a paste. Add more baking soda if you’d like a thicker paste or more water if you prefer a thinner consistency.
Mix in the carrier oil of your choice (olive oil, almond oil, etc.) until it’s dissolved into the solution. If desired, add essential oils to scent the cleaner.
Pour the solution into a jar for storage, and use it when needed!
The best part about making your own natural cleaners at home is that they’re so customizable! You can add in any other ingredients you want to make your cleaner smell how you want it to or make it more moisturizing if that’s what you’re looking for. You can even switch out the liquid of your choice for some of the items listed above if you already have something on hand that you want to use up. The possibilities are endless!
Why not make your own cleaner at home? It’s cost-effective, gives you more control over ingredients, and lets you customize the strength of the solution without having to worry about hidden ingredients!
In conclusion, make your own natural cleaner at home with items you already have on hand. There are some benefits to making your own cleaner versus buying it off the shelf, including cost-savings and more control over what’s in it.